Oct 25, 2008 at 1:31 PM
I have been asked to define BFE, as used in my profile:

Blame it on my first career. That's when I learned my most colorful turns of phrase.


  1. Kat Says:

    Best Friend Ever?
    Beautiful Feline Elephant?
    Big Frakking Egg?
    Big Fart Eew?
    Oh... wait...
    Bum Fu*& Egypt?!

  2. desi Says:

    My dad can't get through my comment rules, so here's his comment:

    From the Wikipedia:

    In Danish a common placeholder word is dims (derived from German
    Dings), used for small unspecified objects (gadgets). Other
    placeholders for objects are dingenot, himstregims and tingest, all
    probably stemming from dims. Faraway countries are often called
    Langtbortistan, lit. Farawayistan. Backwards places in the countryside
    are called Lars Tyndskids marker, lit. The fields of Lars Diarrhea, as
    in The house is out near Lars Tyndskids marker - typically used by
    city dwellers who seldom get to see the countryside up close.

    I think I prefer Langtbortistan to BFE, personally.

    Or Lars Tyndskids marker.