Grease Fire advice

Mar 21, 2008 at 3:30 AM
Never put water on a grease fire. The water gets under the oil, and then the whole thing explodes upward in a huge ball of yuck. Don't try to smother the fire in flour or sugar either, as these feed the fire and create another huge explosion.

What I just saw was: 1. Turn off the heat. 2. Do not move the pan that is on fire. 3. Wet a washcloth and then ring it out. 4. Place it completely covering the pan in a smooth motion. 5. Don't touch. Let it cool completely before cleaning it up.

Here's the video I saw. It was sent by email, but it's the same video.

0 comments